fishingboatproceeds

The mower stalled, twice; kneeling, I found
A hedgehog jammed up against the blades,
Killed. It had been in the long grass.

I had seen it before, and even fed it, once.
Now I had mauled its unobtrusive world
Unmendably. Burial was no help:

Next morning I got up and it did not.
The first day after a death, the new absence
Is always the same; we should be careful

Of each other, we should be kind
While there is still time.

Philip Larkin, The Mower (via fishingboatproceeds)

I’ve spent the past few days on vacation with Tom and his family.

It’s been super nice 60% of the time, but the other 40% has been full of Tom’s mom making comments about “grandbabies” and asking me when I want to start having kids.

Jfc, now all I want to do is NEVER have kids just to spite her.